Saturday, January 24, 2009

14 Days of Valentines!

Attention romantics everywhere!
It's that time of year again....
14 Days of Valentines!

A friend of mine inspired me to start a Valentine tradition this year.

The idea is to start on February 1 and for 14 days do sweet things for your sweetheart.
It doesn't have to be fancy, just heart felt.

I sat down this morning and put my plan together.


Day 1

I am one lucky girl!
(Love letter and picture of me)


Day 2
For just the two of us.
(Formal invite to a private dinner, etc, etc on Valentine's Night)


Day 3
Three beautiful children.
(Pictures for Jeremy of the kids. Also love notes from them)


Day 4
Four necessities for a fun date.
(Lunch gift card, movie gift card and two boxes of candy)


Day 5
Five family treats at Leatherby's.


Day 6
Six sticky love notes hidden around the house, car, etc.


Day 7
Seven items for breakfast in bed.
(2 egg omelet with ham and cheese, toast, hashbrowns and juice



Day 8
Eight slices of pie.
(I'll pick up a Marie Callendars banana cream on Saturday for a Sunday night treat.)


Day 9
Nine reasons we love our dad Family Home Evening.


Day 10
Ten fingers to give you a massage after a long day.
(Include a bottle of oil)


Day 11
Eleven kisses.
(The lip kind and the chocolate kind)


Day 12

A dozen of my favorite memories.
(Poster board with pictures and notes about some of our most special memories)


Day 13
Thirteen years together.


Day 14
Lunch celebration with the kids. (Balloons, heart shaped pizza)
Private evening for just the two of us. (wink, wink)


Spread the love! Your husband will feel like a million bucks, I promise!
Check the dollar store and the 1.00 bins at Target for cards,
pretty boxes, bags, ribbons, candles, etc.


PS Don't forget to post your own ideas so that I can file them away for next year.

6 comments:

Roth Family said...

This is an awesome idea. I love it. I may have to borrow your ideas because I'm not good at this at all. Thanks.

Ashlee said...

Brit, that is awesome! I love your ideas!! I actually did this for Mark one year! He absolutely loved it. I think he really enjoyed trying to figure out what I was going to do next. For some ideas: put his favorite candy bar on top of his pillow, before he gets up in the morning and goes into shower or get ready take some lipstick and draw a heart and kiss the mirror and write I love you, On valentines evening take rose petals and make a heart out of them on your bed, surprise him and take him lunch at work, place a note on his steering wheel, heart attack his side of the closet with cut out hearts, our tradition on Vday morning is to make waffles with strawberries and whip cream, make a coupon book with various things you can do for him. Some examples: massage, kisses, wash car or go take it to get washed, time for him to just have some hobby time alone. I could go on. I think I might try this again this year! Hope you guys are great. Ash

courtneyb said...

that is such a great idea and very cute. I need to sit and think of my days because I will be using this idea for sure. I thought of doing it for the kids also but then that might take away from it being special for Ryan.

Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic idea.. You'll have to help me think of some stuff since we don't have children yet and i cant do that 5 leatherby thing or the 13 years of a great marriage... ha ha you got the point... Help yo baby sista out!!! Love ya

-Sydney- said...

Isn't Jeremy going to read this and ruin the surprise? Or is it not supposed to be a surprise?

Stacy said...

I love this idea. I'm totally going to do this for Kelly. He is going to have to travel a lot the next couple weeks for work, and it will be nice to put little notes and bags of stuff in his overnight bag as a surprise. That way he will still be able to have a little something from me each day he is gone. I'll post some ideas when I get them. I may have to copy some of yours! ;)