Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Draper Temple

Last night we took the kids to the Draper Temple open house. Let me just say, words cannot describe how beautiful this temple is! It was a great experience to take the kids through and let them see all of the rooms. They asked lots of questions as we went through the temple- what a great teaching opportunity for Jer and I. The tour ended with the sealing room and they had all of the families sit in the room together looking into the "eternity" mirrors. The kids thought that was pretty cool and of course I got a little teary eyed looking at my sweet little family all sitting there. I am so grateful for eternal families. For those of you who live close, I highly recommend taking your families to this open house. There is an amazing spirit that everyone can feel there.

6 comments:

April said...

I love open houses- which we obviously rarely get to go to! We did get to go to Nauvoo a few years ago and loved it! I would love to go again now that my kids are a little older! Like you said, a good teaching moment.

Tracy said...

I tell you Brit - you're one of my favourites.

-Sydney- said...

That is a beautiful temple.

Roth Family said...

We are excited to take our kids on Tuesday to the open house. I hope they enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

We have tickets next week I believe, but I'm not sure if Mike will be able to make it because he is going to Vegas to work.. I might have to steal a child or something to go with me so I'm not alone.. It is a beautiful temple and I can't wait to go inside.

Jessica said...

We are coming out in May and I really hope we get to see that temple. It looks beautiful!