Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Surprise!

So I came back from New York Friday night and was waiting to get my bags at the baggage claim. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this strange man come up and stand right behind me. He wasn't moving and he was definitely too close and in my space so I started to scoot over to the left a bit so I had some room. As I did that I glanced up to see who this person was standing so close and to my absolute surprise it was JEREMY! Yes, Jeremy my husband who was supposed to be in the Philippines until the end of the month. I screamed (and everyone looked at us, including Security) and then started to cry. What a nice surprise. eBay needed him to come home and be back to work by Monday.

Unfortunately, eBay announced a 10% job cut and Jeremy's department was directly affected by this news. Jeremy was laid off on Monday. No wonder they wanted him back so soon. We are really sad, but are trying to stay positive! General Conference was so good this year. Who would have thought that a lot of the things the Apostles talked about would actually hit so close to home. We are still very blessed and know that the Lord will look out for us! After all isn't this what life is all about, trials and tribulations that make us stronger people? If anyone has any good job leads, preferably the ones that pay over six digits, let us know (Ha Ha)!

4 comments:

Me said...

That is so great he was able to meet you at the airport!! What a great surprise! I'm so sorry that Jeremy got laid off Britt! I will be praying for you guys and I will definitely let you know if I see any good job leads.

Kim :) said...

Hey Brittany! This is Kim (Geddes) Caldwell. I just got your link from Suzie and Jeff's blog. She told me you two went to school together in Soda. Suzie is my sis-in-law now. What a small world! Anyways, it is soooo good to see you and your cute family! You look great, and your kids and hubby are adorable! I'm so sorry to hear about him being laid off. I know how hard that is. My hubby was actually laid off twice from the same company about 6 years ago. But like you said, things happen for a reason, and with your faith, something good will happen. I'm so glad I could see a picture of your family. It brings back so many good memories! Speaking of which, how is Paul doing? I still laugh to this day about when his skate board was "leaking". Do you remember that? Hehehe! :) Hope you are doing well. Say hi to Paul for me too.

courtneyb said...

That was a great surprise! I would have cried as well, just that feeling of relief to have him home!!
laid off!? what's up with that ebay?! that sucks, but I'm very impressed with your attitude about it.

-Sydney- said...

What a mixed surprise! Glad you have Jeremy home, but sorry about the job! They must have realized he was having entirely too much fun over in the Phillipines. Good luck and best wishes for you guys. Something will come up.