Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cheerleading Try-outs



On a happier note, Katelyn had cheerleader tryouts today. She is only in the sixth grade (I personally think that is way too young to start cheerleading), but her school is a middle school that goes through ninth grade and they allow 6th graders to be on the cheerleading squad so of course she wanted to try out. She was really nervous, but she went through with it. As a mother you just sit back and bite your nails and hope your kids make the team so they don't have to go through that hurt and disappointment if they don't, but I had the talk with her that life goes on and there are other things you can do if you don't make cheerleading. The results will be announced Monday so stay tuned...

6 comments:

Jessica said...

So crazy to think she is old enough to do that!! How exciting!

-Sydney- said...

Her arms look like a mile long! She is going to be a tall one, isn't she? Sorry to hear about your trailer. That's totally CRAZY!!

Lindsey said...

You are such a cutie, Katelyn! We are so proud of you! I'm still in shock that your trailer got stolen! We didn't even get to go camping with you all! I guess for sure not now! :(

Unknown said...

I'm rooting for you form the Phillipines...can't wait to hear the results.

Jeff & Suzie said...

Hey there Brit!! I feel a bit like a stalker of people through blogs but I found your blog through Kelli's so here I am. And look at you a 6th grader that is taller than you! Your kids are so cute! Hope your doing great! Suzie (Wood) Caldwell. I was looking at some of my sister-in-laws (Kim Geddes) photos of when she was little and you were in some of them. That was crazy.

Haily Brian said...

Look how long her arms are. She is so cute and growing up so fast