Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcome Home Trailer!

Okay so it's not quite home yet but it has been found. I got a call from the San Juan County (Southern Utah) sheriffs office letting me know they found our trailer. The guy that stole our trailer is in the business of selling high price elk tags. A bunch of guys go in on it and all they have to do is come to Utah and they have an elk tag, a trailer to stay in while they hunt and a 4-wheeler. Our trailer was being used for that purpose. They "thief" had no intention of selling off our trailer he was going to keep it and use it as a "hotel" for his little business. I guess in the little town they were at there were a couple reports of stolen 4 wheelers in the surrounding area and in small towns like that news travels fast. Some local people were suspicious when they saw the same guy towing two different trailers (the other one being our neighbors) and several 4 wheelers to this particular campsite so they called the police. They police went to this campsite and...busted. Of course the hunters had no idea that all of the items were stolen. They cooperated with the police and gave them as much information on this guy as they could and they arrested him that afternoon. I have to admit I am a little worried about the condition of the trailer, but the detective told me it was in really good shape so we'll see. I just have to figure out how I am going to get that trailer back up here. I am hoping the insurance company will have it towed to me.

7 comments:

April said...

Wow! I'm so glad they found it!

Jessica said...

Man...that is just crazy. I am SO glad you will have it back!

Harris Family said...

I can't believe that! How scary!! Are you going to lock it up in the same place again?? I am so glad they found it for you. You are lucky, or blessed! Yeah for Katelyn too! What an exciting week you've had.

Me said...

I am so glad they found it! That is crazy!! Hopefully you will get it soon!

Stacy said...

YEAH! I'm glad it was found. Kelly said if it's not brought back to you guys he can go pick it up if you want the help. Just let us know.

-Sydney- said...

That's totally wild. Some people are so stupid. . .Glad you got it back and hope that guy rots in jail.

courtneyb said...

scandalous! I feel bad for the hunters! Good thing for nosey small town folk, but I know the insurance money would have been nice. And Jeremy is sitting by the pool drinking mango juice!!